Menu

Can you tell me more about Atelier and Time Travelers?

KIN

I have 3 children that will be in 5th, 3rd and 1st grades. I'm looking for an art program for next year. I like idea of Time Travelers because it has more than just art included. Yet, does it teach art techniques and "how to"? Atelier looks good too, but is only art instruction?

Can you tell me pros/cons of each curriculum? Is one or the other better for my ages of children? We really haven't done much art instruction at all. We have done some art appreciation, but that is about it!

Any help would be appreciated!

I'll try to answer for you. I've used/use Atelier and I have Time Travelers but haven't used it yet.

Atelier is just art instruction. No history, just different art techniques and mediums.

Time Travelers goes along with history and includes art, drama, music, architecture.

Both are great, but for ease of use, Atelier wins, IMO. We watch the video - pull together the supplies - and do the projects. My school room walls are covered in various projects and we've had fun for the most part with all of them. For some reason, I can't get excited about using Time Travelers or maybe can't get motivated. Maybe I just need a kick.... :)

If I can answer any other questions, just let me know.

So, I could use Atelier for art instruction and then just do a CM type picture and music study. Do you know if there is anywhere to view a sample of the art instruction from Atelier? I can't see anywhere on their site to view a sample. Also, is there site the best place to purchase?

And, what do you think I would start with to combine my ages of children?

So, I could use Atelier for art instruction and then just do a CM type picture and music study. Do you know if there is anywhere to view a sample of the art instruction from Atelier? I can't see anywhere on their site to view a sample. Also, is there site the best place to purchase?

And, what do you think I would start with to combine my ages of children?

The samples are here. I believe their site is the only place to purchase. For your kids' ages, I would get level 3. But, if you call or email them, the gentleman is *very* helpful with taking into account your situation and suggesting a level to use.