Menu

Update on how we were doing...

I posted some quite desperate threads in the past months...and after the warm and compassionate responses I received, I wanted to give you an update about how we were doing...

We were dealing with overcoming a traumatic pregnancy...and then dh's cancer diagnosis...

After some soul-searching I decided to do 6 months of "SL-boot-camp".

I know that I have difficulty letting go of academics, even if circumstances suggest just that...

With SL I have the academics (at least partly)...and also the so-needed snuggle-time...;)

...we are actually doing TRIPLE-speed in the Cores (p4/5 and Core 3)...which boils down to about three hours of read-aloud a day. The kids are thoroughly enjoying it, and I am happy about our intensive "American-history-summer" (we will be finishing Core 4 by September)...

The two older kids are also doing math-drill (Bigmathtime, 100 problems a day) and a Saxon/Singapore-Combo daily.

Dh's operation was 12 days ago. He is recovering nicely, and while the results were not as assuring as we had hoped, we are still optimistic for a full recovery...eventually.

Unfortunately, dh is now also dealing with a very difficult professional situation. I would have so wished he could be spared...

I hope things will lighten up for us soon, and I know they will...but sometimes, just sometimes, it feels like there is no strength left in me...

I am ready to move into calmer waters...

Btw, my friend's little girl, who was diagnosed with Downs' syndrome just after her birth, is doing very well. They had a rough start, with lots of feeding issues, but things are going great now...and I am the GODMOTHER:hurray:!!!

Thank you again for all your support...I am looking forward to give some back:)...

Sounds like you're handling everything in the best way you can. Glad you found a way to feel good about educating your children at the same time.

Hope things go smoother for your husband (& you!).

:grouphug: