Menu

MCT Island - Building Language

Though I haven't done this with Building Language, I did go through Music of the Hemispheres and make lesson-sized chunks. Some chunks are bigger than others and I have noted that in my planner. If we need to do a " big chunk" in one sitting, I adjust the other things we do that day.

Maybe you could do that for Building Language ?

Christine in AL

Edited to add: Annabanna's answer is better. :-)

Buidling language is more straight forward in its lay out.

Edited by christine in al
better response came in :-)

Thanks everyone. one l michele - I was wondering if it would be okay to skip the poem, simile and metaphor. I might do that, at least in the beginning, and just focus on the stems.

It's also possible just to discuss them and do them orally. I would think of something and even my 5 year old would jump in with a simile now and then and it might become a fun game over lunch. That has worked well for us and not taken a whole lot more time. We have done a few writing exercises in BL that my son typed into the computer that we took through an editing process. We'll add them to his "portfolio" for the year. I think at least doing that much helped reinforce the stem meanings and some of the writing things we've learned this year.

Have fun! We're coming up on the end of it and it's been great. :)

It's also possible just to discuss them and do them orally. I would think of something and even my 5 year old would jump in with a simile now and then and it might become a fun game over lunch. That has worked well for us and not taken a whole lot more time. We have done a few writing exercises in BL that my son typed into the computer that we took through an editing process. We'll add them to his "portfolio" for the year. I think at least doing that much helped reinforce the stem meanings and some of the writing things we've learned this year.

Have fun! We're coming up on the end of it and it's been great. :)

Just to clarify, we didn't skip reading and discussing those parts, just requiring my students to write their own versions.
That's what I was meaning. I plan on reading through them, but not requiring the assignment that follows (unless we are inspired).