Menu

Has anyone ever planned a whole course around The Teaching Company video lectures?

For example, I just saw a very cool course on the Impressionists. Could you use this as a resource and perhaps find a solid spine in print? Then put together your own thing? I would definitely want this for some sort of high school credit. Thanks for your thoughts!

Jeri

I'm giving my 14yo one semester of credit for Philosophy of Mind. The dvds have 24 30-minute lectures. The guidebook lists recommended readings for each lecture. I've been able to find a lot of the recommended readings online for free. I've also added in a few books to make sure that she spends at least 75 hours on the course. My goal is for her to average 2.5 hours of readings/work for each lecture.

She absolutely loves the course. Unfortunately, she actually wants to discuss it with me. I don't want to know about it. I'm perfectly happy being clueless. I'd love for her find somebody else to talk about that stuff with.