Menu

Biblioplan...

michaeljenn

I would love your opinions on Biblioplan. I plan to use the 1850-2000 for my 14 and 11 year old. I will also have a 6yo listening in as well. I am wondering if this program flows well? Is it meaty enough for a 14yo? I thought I would have her outline the kingfisher as we went along as well. She really hates history, so I want to do whatever I can to get her excited again!!

We used SOTW 3 w/ AG (maps & questions only) and tests along with KF and Biblioplan Cool History only. Next year for SOTW 4 we'll use SOTW 4 w/AG (maps, discussion, and outlines/writing) and tests along with Biblioplan parent enotes and KF. With the SOTW 4 AG outlines, I will not need BP Cool History questions because the AG writing/outlines will be enough but I DO like the look of the additional parent notes from BP.

I don't need the BP schedule because I like to follow my own schedule as well choosing our own literature (CLE reading w/ LL&C 8).

I really have enjoyed using Biblioplan this year and just ordered Year 3 for next year. I love the changes they made, including the high school level assignments with the main program instead of as a supplement. With the new Cool History pages and parent e-book, plus the high school literature assignments, I think it has plenty for an older child.

The BP readers are excellent, but my children have not done them all. The K-2 readers are wonderful read-alouds. We've done most of them. My third grader has only done a few of the 3+ readers, and my 6th grader has done about half of the 5+ readers. Sometimes she ended up reading the reader after we had done that week's study - the topic caught her interest and got her reading. Other times she was interested in a topic we hadn't covered yet, and read that reader ahead of time. Some weeks, the 3+ readers were a better fit for her. She's really enjoying history (but she already did even before we started BP). Anyway, the 5+ readers are perfect for junior high and maybe even 9th grade, IMO.

Blessings,

Laura

We used SOTW 3 w/ AG (maps & questions only) and tests along with KF and Biblioplan Cool History only. Next year for SOTW 4 we'll use SOTW 4 w/AG (maps, discussion, and outlines/writing) and tests along with Biblioplan parent enotes and KF. With the SOTW 4 AG outlines, I will not need BP Cool History questions because the AG writing/outlines will be enough but I DO like the look of the additional parent notes from BP.

I don't need the BP schedule because I like to follow my own schedule as well choosing our own literature (CLE reading w/ LL&C 8).

What does LL&C stand for? I've looked but I can't find it. Thanks!