Menu

Sonlight Science 3 ~ User opinions, please?

angela&4boys

Here are two threads with LOTS of helpful advice about SL Science:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134941&highlight=sl+science

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166100&highlight=sl+science

We're using SL Science 3 and the books and topics are excellent! DD10 and I prefer not to jump around so much, so I don't follow Sonlight's schedule. I pull out a few weeks worth of worksheets about the topics we want to cover and put them in the order that makes sense to me. We use the worksheets as our schedule and Voila! We have an open & go plan staying in one book at a time. :) I'm happy enough with it that I'm planning to use SL Science 5 next year.

Edited by amtmcm

I'd like to tack on another question for those of you using this level.

Can the four day plan be doubled up and done in 2 days a week in about an hour each day? I recall doing this for a while with Science K. This would be for a 10 yo 5th grader who can move along pretty well when she focuses.

Can the four day plan be doubled up and done in 2 days a week in about an hour each day? I recall doing this for a while with Science K. This would be for a 10 yo 5th grader who can move along pretty well when she focuses.

I just read in one of the above linked threads that someone did just this. I think she even mentioned that it was the 5-day schedule.

Yes, my DD10 is doubling up on most days.

I just read in one of the above linked threads that someone did just this. I think she even mentioned that it was the 5-day schedule.

That's great! I will probably order the full 5 day program then.

Yes, my DD10 is doubling up on most days.

:hurray:

I really can't seem to manage getting everything done everyday. I'm looking to do sort of a modified block schedule next year (with content subjects only) and this would either allow us to double-time it through science covering it in one semester, or alternate days with another subject. Gotta love a program that lets you be flexible.