Menu

Need a robust and detailed Excel template for recording grades and attendance

Smithie

Have any of you mamas (or papas) seen an Excel template for recording grades and attendance that allows to you record the specific date and description of the daily assignments completed in each category?

Donna Young's Grades and Attendance is close, but as far as I can tell you cannot record the specific date that an assignment is completed, nor the name of assignment. You just have room to enter a grade for daily work, 180 grades in all for each subject.

I'd like to use a very similar type of template (different sheets for each subject, a "report card" sheet, etc.), but I'd really prefer to produce a detailed record of the assignments completed each day, calculated into a neat and succinct "report card" of grades and total attendance. If the authorities should come a-knockin', I would want to have that all written down in one spot.

Why not just get something like Homeschool Tracker Plus? They have a free version, actually (that's without the 'Plus'), if you just want to do what you're saying, but the full version is also only $40 and you can do lots more. I don't even use the grading and attendance features (though it has both), and I love it! It prints out many different kinds of reports.

Have you tried modifying the Donna Young document to suit your purposes?

I made a "syllabus" for my dd that covered the whole year. Subjects were in columns, and the days were in rows (Wk 1, Day 1 -- Day #1). I typed in all her assignments with a blank in each box for the completion date. She keeps it in her binder to track her progress. I'm thinking you could do something similar that has all the info you want, in the format you want.

ETA: I made mine into a two-page spread to capture all the subjects and to make the columns wide enough.