Menu

Writing With Ease question

3peasinapod

Next year I plan on using WWE for our soon 1st and 2nd graders. I have 2 questions.

First, can I start the 2nd grader off in the workbook level 2 even though she hasn't completed level 1 or start off with level 1? Does it matter?

Second, should I just start them both off on workbook level 1 and continue on through their schooling with them doing the same level? Would any problems with this arise, assuming we even stayed with this curriculum? It would be nice to have them together.

Thanks!

Unless your 2nd grader can already summarize and do narrations easily, I wouldn't start with level 2. The skills in level 2 build on the foundation laid in level 1. If you want to accelerate the program it's very simple to do two assigned days of level 1 in one calendar day (I did that through all of level one since I started with a 1st grader in April of 1st grade). Meaning you do week 1 days 1 & 2 on Monday and week 1 days 3 & 4 on Tuesday then week 2 days 1 & 2 on Wednesday, week 2 days 3 & 4 on Thursday, week 3 days 1 & 2 on Friday, etc, etc. This worked well because I knew my son was capable of more but didn't have the foundation yet.

If you'd like to keep your dc together I'd just start them both in level 1 and go from there.

If you do an archive search for WWE you'll find more info than you could ever read through:D.

HTH

Unless your 2nd grader can already summarize and do narrations easily, I wouldn't start with level 2. The skills in level 2 build on the foundation laid in level 1. If you want to accelerate the program it's very simple to do two assigned days of level 1 in one calendar day (I did that through all of level one since I started with a 1st grader in April of 1st grade). Meaning you do week 1 days 1 & 2 on Monday and week 1 days 3 & 4 on Tuesday then week 2 days 1 & 2 on Wednesday, week 2 days 3 & 4 on Thursday, week 3 days 1 & 2 on Friday, etc, etc. This worked well because I knew my son was capable of more but didn't have the foundation yet.

HTH

This is what I'm doing right now with my 1st grade son, for the exact same reason--we are just starting WWE 1 this week. I'll likely continue with him at a slower pace through the summer, but from now until our school year is officially over, I'll be doing two of level 1 assignments a day. We also continue math and reading during the summer.