Menu

4dkids

It has halped my 8 yr old with everything -- spelling, reading, writing. He completed 100 Easy Lessons and was still a struggling reader. After that I focused mostly on having him read a lot. He likes to read, reads every night before sleeping, but is still I would say not a "fluent" reader. However, since starting AAS this year his spelling has improved dramatically, he actually requests to write narrations (glad I was sitting down for that one, lol), and I think his reading is much better. Of course some of that could also be due to increased maturity, but I think AAS has played an important part.

My dd's reading really took off a few months after we started AAS. I didn't make the connection then, but thinking about it now and seeing how much her reading has progressed since then, I believe AAS may have had an effect on her reading ability. I know it's definitely improved her spelling. They have the readers now to go with AAS. It might be worth trying.