Menu

Chalkdust Algebra 1 for 8th grade...

Magic Wand

We did find the lessons too long with pre-algebra. I suppose I somehow think/thought Algebra I might be better. *I* really appreciate Mr. Mosley's clear explanations and the fact that we could stay with one math supplier through high school. Sigh...

Thanks!

Just wanted to let you know that we are using Chalkdust Alg. I and Geometry this year and like both programs. My older dd used Jacob's Alg. I last year and didn't care too much for the DVDs that came with the program. She learned a lot but she prefers the explanations on the Chalkdust DVDs better. My younger dd is enjoying Chalkdust Alg. I.

We started with CD Algebra 1, but switched to McDougal Littell CA Algebra 1 2001 ed by Larson. CD was alright at first, but ds needed for step-by-step incremental explanation, and the McDougal Littell provided the intermediate steps. With both books, I discussed the lesson and examples with ds, but it is with the McDougal Littell CA Algebra 1, that concepts begin to click with ds.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you dd find the Chalkdust explanations too long? My dd dreaded the pre-algebra explanations when we tried it last year. The lectures were so long!

Where can I see samples Of McDougall-Littell? I know I spelled that wrong - should have quoted you.

Thank you both for responding! Sorry for my delay.