Menu

College of the Ozarks?

that we had some friends that used to live near Springfield, Missouri, and the husband spoke highly of the school. Their website calls it "Hard Work U."---and I think that was one of the reasons why he thought well of it.

Here's their website (although you probably already know this!):

http://www.cofo.edu/

I wish I could give you more specific info., but this is only the little that I've heard about it. It is near Springfield, and the Springfield area does seem to have some other good schools as well.

We visited there and were very impressed. It's a Christian college and a "free" college. Unfortunately, they don't have an engineering program:o(

It looks like such fun! It's on a beautiful rural setting and they have a big old barn with milk cows for the students to milk, an old mill which made for beautiful photographs with the trees around, a kitchen where they make delicious jams and jellies and fruit cakes! (They sell the fruit cakes all over the world to help finance the college.)

There's a museum on the premises and it has the car used in the filming of The Beverly Hillbillies. All the students we talked to really spoke highly of the college.

As we're realizing the high costs of many colleges (those with an engineering program anyway), we're thinking of this college more and more for our younger dc. LOL

It is accredited.

Okay, the more I research the more interested we are.

I have one crazy question, and believe it or not this is a deal breaker for my daughter. Who has to live in the dorms with the community bathrooms? She simply will not live in a dorm with a community bathroom. No way. No how. She is determined that she will go to a second choice school before she will live in a dorm with a community bathroom.

So, I will call the school on Monday, but in the meantime does anyone who is familiar with the school know how dorm assignments are done?