Menu

Anything like E-mealz but healthier?

I love the concept & meal plan ideas of E-mealz, but I am tired of tweaking out all the cream sauces, carbs, butter, etc. Its getting to the point where I throw entire weeks of meal plans in the trash (well, recycling) because none of choices are something we would eat. Is there anything similar that uses more fresh veggies/proteins & whole grains or healthier alternatives (ie non-fat plain yogurt instead of so much mayo & butter)?

I guess I am realizing that we eat pretty regionally, and there are just too many Southern fried recipes in E-mealz. Is there an organic Northwestern, or "crunchy" alternative? We are not vegetarian, but I would take that too!

You know, somehow it never even occurred to me to look at the Points System plan because I don't tally points, but you're right that does look much better. I sent an email asking them to change my subscription, and I'm thinking about adding the vegetarian option too, as that looks really good as well.

There is still quite a bit of Southern flair though - okra? Any other less regional suggestions? I'll have to look into the two listed.

I really like Saving Dinner. It's not an e-mail subscription, but it has the grocery lists and weekly menus (based seasonally, which I love!) you can print off. My family loves the recipes. Each week there is one meal for the crock pot and that's always welcome at my house :).

ETA: This is the updated version of the book I have, which is falling apart. I may need to upgrade to the new book since it has the freezer recipe "dinner-kits"!

Edited by sparrow