Menu

Can we delete our own posts yet? I'm talking Sale/swap board..

Sunny

Ok, My item is sold. I can edit my post, within the post, but not the title, so one still has to click to find out that it is sold.

How can I delete my post?

Hi Sunny -

We do not allow anyone to delete posts. We leave the posts up to encourage people to make comments on their transaction and to raise or lower someone's reputation based on the outcome of the transaction. We are unable to verify every person on these boards, and there were reports of scamming on the old board. With our new set up, we are hoping to reduce potential problems. Between requiring registration to post and encouraging comments and ratings, we are trying to provide a safer place for everyone.

I agree it would be nice to be able to edit the title, but alas, the software doesn't allow that.

Actually, you can change the title of your post.

1. go to your post and click the edit button in the lower right hand corner

2. then, when it brings you to the edit box, you have the option to "go advanced" in the bottom right corner besided the save button. Click on that.

3. It brings you to a new page where you can change the title.

HTH! :D

2. then, when it brings you to the edit box, you have the option to "go advanced" in the bottom right corner besided the save button. Click on that.

It doesn't work me for. Here's the post that I edited under advanced edit. It changed the title inside the post, but not outside where all the thread titles are.

Thanks Tonia! I'm not always sure what non-admins have access to. This is great news!