Menu

Another Saxon Q.

What is the difference between Saxon Math 5/4, 3rd Edition Home Study Kit & Teaching Tape Technology DVD Set Bundle and the Dive cd's and teacher cd-roms.

I already orderd the homeschool kit with the teacher cd-roms and Dive cd's but noticed the DVD Set Bundle. The Bundle is actually more than purchasing the other components separately though.

I'm thinking you can watch the dvd's on your t.v. and the Dive/teacher cd-roms are for computer only? I would pay more to have if we can use the t.v.

Thank you!

What is the difference between Saxon Math 5/4, 3rd Edition Home Study Kit & Teaching Tape Technology DVD Set Bundle and the Dive cd's and teacher cd-roms.

I already orderd the homeschool kit with the teacher cd-roms and Dive cd's but noticed the DVD Set Bundle. The Bundle is actually more than purchasing the other components separately though.

I'm thinking you can watch the dvd's on your t.v. and the Dive/teacher cd-roms are for computer only? I would pay more to have if we can use the t.v.

Thank you!

Yes the DVD's are designed to watch on the TV. While the teacher cd's and DIVE are used with you computer. You can see an example of the DVD's and learn more about them here.

We might consider these when we get to Advanced Math. For right now dd is doing well with and really likes the teacher cd's. In fact when I was looking for the link I posted above she said "You're not thinking about switching me are you? I like what I am using now." It's so nice when everyone is pleased with what we are using. :)

We might consider these when we get to Advanced Math. For right now dd is doing well with and really likes the teacher cd's. In fact when I was looking for the link I posted above she said "You're not thinking about switching me are you? I like what I am using now." It's so nice when everyone is pleased with what we are using. :)

Can't wait to get my order. I think Dive & teacher cd's will work for us this year. I do like how the dvd walks them through a whole lesson. Something for me to consider next year. I guess once we try it with the Dive we'll see.

Thanks again for the link.

Sonlight suggest to use Teaching Textbooks for High School but now I'm thinking if Saxon works out I might just stick with it. There are more helps for me the teacher as well as the student.

Anyone have any thoughts with regards to Saxon & TT for high school.

Sonlight suggest to use Teaching Textbooks for High School but now I'm thinking if Saxon works out I might just stick with it. There are more helps for me the teacher as well as the student.

Anyone have any thoughts with regards to Saxon & TT for high school.

I'll answer again to give you a bump. :) I think you will get very mixed reviews about TT and Saxon. I think both will prepare your child for college and testing as long as your dc is learning from it. We tried TT Pre-alg and Alg and it just wasn't sticking for dd. She is doing very well with Saxon, so we will be sticking with it through high school. I know many in our homeschooling group that have used Saxon all the through and their kids were very prepared for their tests and college. Again, I think it depends on the child. I would say if Saxon ends up working well for him, keep him there. From everything I have read, by the time they finish Alg 1, Alg 2 and half of Advanced math, they already have enough for a credit in Geometry too. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. :lol: