Menu

What was your L&D experience if you've had a child after 7 years?

I've heard a few times that your body reverts back to a "not ever had a baby" state after 7 years. My dc are 26 months a part (9 and 7 years old now) and now I'm getting ready to have our 3rd after 7 years. My L&D's were fast compared to the norm. 3 hours for the first once my water completely broke (8 hours total from water trickling, but no contractions) and pushed quickly and 1.5 hours total with the second (water gushed twice and she was here) and pushed quickly too. I'm just wondering if this one will follow suit or be different since it's been so long. I'm just curious what others have experienced if you've had 7 years between pregnancies. I know nothing can be predicted and I'm truly resting in the truth that the Lord will take care of me, but I'm just curious.

My first two were 16 months apart. Then, I had #3 after 7 1/2 years.

Each one came in half the time of the previous one, including the third. The third came in 1 1/2 hours.

No part of my body has ever gone back to it's before-baby state. :)

Similar experience. My first two are 18 months apart then 9 years later #3. My first was a c-section, second 12 hours labor, third 8 hours, last three about 3 hours. My third was also my first to have any dilation prior to labor, so I don't think my birthing parts were pre-baby anymore than anything else. :lol: