Menu

Math Without Borders and Geometry: A Guided Inquiry

Has anyone used Geometry: A guided Inquiry? I would really like to found out about this versus Harold Jacobs geometry. I have expended way too much money trying to find a good fit in different programs. If anyone has used this, I would really appreciate input.

Thanks!

Nancy

I liked the text as well as Chandler's Geometer's Sketchpad demonstrations and the solutions key that come with the package. My library had a copy of the textbk so I reviewed the textbk first. The algebra reviews are good.

I also was able to look at the Jacob's second edition and it did not "make sense" to me. (About two and one-half years ago there was an interesting review of the Jacob's text from Solomonovitch who had a new--at that time--Euclidian based textbook. Last time I checked the information has disappeared from the web.)

FWIW I also considered the Brown text with the package from Duke TIPS program and a 1940's text still sold through the American Mathematical Society by Birkhoff and Beatley.

Making a geometry course decision took me a very long time. Hope you find a good match.