Menu

For SWB

Hot Lava Mama

Hey Susan:

Thanks for answering my question about your new writing program (as well as all the questions others had).

I just wanted to say that the products you (any your mom) turn out are so fantastic. Not only are they extremely user friendly, they are very complete and very easy to pick up and go. As a mom to 4 little ones, I sincerely appreciate it! Sometimes, it's only because of these qualities that my kids learn anything! Especially on those days that my baby and my toddler are having "hard" days! My poor school aged kids! How they learn is beyond me! :confused:

I look forward to your high school level history books, as well as your writing courses. Thanks!

Hot Lava Mama

thanks!!!

Did you know that my mother once had three children under the age of four?

And although I can't claim to have ever been quite THAT stressed, I did have four children under the age of nine once upon a time.

I know how it feels. And I'm so glad if we can reduce a little bit of the inevitable chaos back down to manageable levels.

S

God bless your mom for taking the first step for all of us! And God bless you for taking your time to make such great products IN ADDITION to still home schooling your kids. I don't know how you do it. People keep telling me it gets easier as they get older. I suppose that is true. At some point, I won't have to stop math because a diaper needs to be changed! Or stop grammar because it is SOOO time for a nap for the babies!

I see others on this board that have many, many more than my four, and my hat goes off to them. They are stronger (and obviously more organized!) than I am!

Thanks for your time.

Hot Lava Mama

(That name comes from my 3 yo. He is currently "Superman" and our kitchen floor keeps turning into "hot lava" and he has to come and rescue me. TOO CUTE!)

I was just thinking about such a post last night. It is because of TWTM and these boards that I have the confidence to homeschool. Thank you so much for the hardwork and time you and your mom have put in to writing these great books. Thanks also to your family for supporting you in these projects.

Also to address the issue of little ones. I have a set of 2 y/o twins and have talked to many moms about the fact that babies and toddlers make homeschooling a challenge. I am just begining to see a light at the end of the tunnel and they are starting to entertain each other long enough to get the teaching for morning lessons done. We do History and Science in the Afternoon during nap time. It will get better and better.