Menu

Supplementing Saxon with SM

selh09

I do ! I used Saxon with my older children, and just love it. But my son likes the color and workbook nature of Singapore Math. So we do both. Right now we are doing Saxon 1 and SM 1A, I have SM 1B too.

SM is ahead of Saxon, KA is like Saxon K and SM KB - 1A is like Saxon 1. But my son is just moving at his own pace. He still loves the hands on of Saxon, it is working for him.

We love Saxon too! We started Saxon 1 about a month ago after finishing Saxon K. I was thinking that I would use SM 1A with Saxon 1.

If you are just starting Saxon 1, I would look at SM samples..... KB might be a better fit ? But then again we are doing SM 1A, then going back with Saxon to cement the concepts.

Sounds like us!! We zipped through Saxon K in about 6 months and I suspect we'll be done with Saxon 1 by the end of this year. We only do *school* 3 mornings a week, but if it was up to my dd we would do school 7 days a week!!! I've purchased Saxon 2 and was wondering the other day if I could have skipped to Saxon 2 :001_unsure:

Sounds like us!! We zipped through Saxon K in about 6 months and I suspect we'll be done with Saxon 1 by the end of this year. We only do *school* 3 mornings a week, but if it was up to my dd we would do school 7 days a week!!! I've purchased Saxon 2 and was wondering the other day if I could have skipped to Saxon 2 :001_unsure:

I never skip Saxon books. I think they can be done faster, but I feel if we skip we will miss something. It worked well with my older children. We do Saxon 5 days a week, and sometimes more than one lesson.

I never skip Saxon books. I think they can be done faster, but I feel if we skip we will miss something. It worked well with my older children. We do Saxon 5 days a week, and sometimes more than one lesson.

That's the only reason I didn't skip because I didn't want my dd to miss something. I did combine lessons and my dd did fine with it. Are you combining lesson in Saxon 1?

That's the only reason I didn't skip because I didn't want my dd to miss something. I did combine lessons and my dd did fine with it. Are you combining lesson in Saxon 1?

Somedays he wants too ! Almost every day with K was doubled or more. Now a couple times a week he will double up. But he must do Saxon and SM each day. It just ruins his day if he doesn't LOL.

LOL, it ruins my dd day too if we don't do math and phonics, which she LOVES also!!!....Right now we do 1 lesson per day in Saxon. When I get SM, we will do that 1 day, so we will either be doing school 3 or 4 days a week. My dd is 4.5 (will be 5 in August) and I can't *fill* her up with enough school!!! lol

LOL, it ruins my dd day too if we don't do math and phonics, which she LOVES also!!!....Right now we do 1 lesson per day in Saxon. When I get SM, we will do that 1 day, so we will either be doing school 3 or 4 days a week. My dd is 4.5 (will be 5 in August) and I can't *fill* her up with enough school!!! lol

Quince wears me out......In 1 year we have done Sonlight P 3/4, P 4/5, starting on K now. I am already gathering things for 1st, because I know he will blaze through K.

Quince wears me out......In 1 year we have done Sonlight P 3/4, P 4/5, starting on K now. I am already gathering things for 1st, because I know he will blaze through K.

You guys are cute! I've been :lurk5:-ing this thread!!

:grouphug: to the kiddos that wear us out!! LOL!

Are you doing the SL K Science too? My big girl LOVES it and it actually filled her "science bug"!!

You guys are cute! I've been :lurk5:-ing this thread!!

:grouphug: to the kiddos that wear us out!! LOL!

Are you doing the SL K Science too? My big girl LOVES it and it actually filled her "science bug"!!

( I can just see Rudolph ... ) "I'm cute, I'm cute," she said, "I'm cute !!!!!!"

Yes, I just ordered the last of the core, and will be starting on Science K things next week. I know he will love it !

Edited by alatexan68

Yes, there are days that my dd wears me out. For example, the first that comes out of her mouth when her feet hit the floor is not "good morning mom", it's "are we doing school work today?"

Ditto for gathering 1st grade stuff...!!

Yes, there are days that my dd wears me out. For example, the first that comes out of her mouth when her feet hit the floor is not "good morning mom", it's "are we doing school work today?"

Ditto for gathering 1st grade stuff...!!

Don't forget the "can we do math????" at bedtime!!