Menu

Hyland's naturopathic products for children - effective??

Have any of you used any of the following Hyland's brand homeopathic products for children:

Sniffles & Sneezes for Kids

Cough & Cold for Kids

Bedwetting Tablets

I used the teething tabs when the girls were little, and they seemed to work. I use the Calms Forte for sleeplessness effectively (although I have CRAZY dreams if I use it!)

Thanks!

I thought Hylands was homeopathic? Anyways, I haven't used those 3 products but I have used their Earache remedy with success. I always keep them on hand. They stop my ds's ear infections. I use them too.

I recently bought the Cold and Cough remedy but haven't used it yet.

I had a lot of luck with the Cough and Cold with DD recently, but it didn't seem to do a thing for my youngest DS. Hers was definitely a cold, where I don't think his coughing stemmed from illness as he wasn't coughing today, so that might be the difference.

Oooops, yes, homeopathic. What's the technical difference?

I'm cutting and pasting from this website that explains the difference:

Naturopathy, or Naturopathic Medicine, is a distinct, integrated system of primary health care offered by licensed physicians. It consists of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of human disorders by the therapeutic use of natural methods and materials. These might include Clinical Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Hygiene, Homeopathy, Naturopathic Manipulation, or ancient medical systems like those of China or India.

Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that has been integrated into naturopathic medicine. Virtually all homeopathic medicines are produced from natural sources-plants, animals and minerals.

What is the difference between a Naturopath and a Homeopath?

In brief, homeopaths use only the homeopathic approach, whereas Naturopaths train in several forms of diagnosis and treatment, one of which is homeopathy. Training in homeopathy varies from a several-hundred-hour correspondence course to a three-year course for which candidates need not be university graduates. In contrast, Naturopaths must complete a minimum of three years of university training prior to beginning their four-year residential medical school training in Naturopathic Medicine.

I usually look at the ingredients to see if they are herbal or homeopathic when I buy natural medicines. Homeopathic medicines are Latin names and have the potency (6x or 30x, etc.) next to it. This is probably more info than you wanted. :)

A few months ago, after a cold, I started with the never ending cough that I always seem to get afterward. I looked up the homeopathic remedy for "unproductive cough," and used it. Instead of 3-4 weeks of lingering cough, it was gone in three days.

Newton's "Cold and Sinus" remedy cured a sinus headache in half an hour, too.

Homeopathic remedies work like magic for us if I get the correct remedy. :)

Lisa

Homeopathic remedies work like magic for us if I get the correct remedy. :)

Lisa

This is the key! Finding the correct remedy is the only way homeopathy works. That's why many of these combo remedies are popular because finding the single remedy that will produce a cure is hard. I'm going to try the Newton's sinus rememdy next time one of us is having a sinus headache.

What was the remedy you used for an unproductive cough??

Calms and Calms Forte work great for us (although I dream the CRAZIEST and most vivid dreams when I use either!!!)

I picked up a bottle of Chestal for Dry Cough yesterday at Walgreens, as they didn't have any Hyland's brand items that I originally asked about. I gave it to PDG before bed last night and she slept the whole night! She woke up at her normal time this morning and started coughing. It must've worked until it wore off.

I am impressed. I think I will try more remedies.

Edited by BikeBookBread