Menu

Okay - my next transcript question

Maura in NY

For fellow New Yorkers, or those of you in any other state that requires paperwork -- Are we compelled to match our transcript to the stuff we've submitted to the state?

For example, while we've done a few Shakespeare plays as part of English courses throughout high school, ds has also done Lightening Lit Shakespeare Tragedies, watched some of the Teaching Company lectures (Word & The Action), taken part in a Shakespeare acting workshop, etc. I'd like to lump it together for a 1/2 credit elective on Shakespeare - but it won't appear anywhere on my state paperwork.

Another year he did Hewitt's Speeches program, and I'd like to put that together with the public speaking he's done, the Toastmasters class he's taken, etc., and call it a 1/2 credit of Speech & Communications -- also not on the state paperwork.

So what do you think? Do I have to match ds's transcript to his IHIPs and quarterly reports?

TIA,

Maura

I don't have a definitive answer for you; however, I suspect it is highly unlikely that colleges would have access to your state paperwork. Simply be honest on the transcript about the work your child has done, and I think all will be fine.

Regards,

Kareni

My kids are fortunate to take some extracurricular type classes through a local organization (subtitled a "homeschool enrichment center" - it's fantastic and very unusual in NY). The director has two sons in college, so I will follow her advice and feel free to deviate from what I did for the state as I compile the transcripts.

Of course, I will always be honest about what they've done! It's more a question of putting together electives or calling something honors because of work he did in addition to the material we submitted on our state paperwork.

Thanks for your input.

Peace,

Maura