Menu

Hubby has to take a job soon....what about SC?

Okay, so we're going to starve (and live without electricity and water) if hubby doesn't get a job soon.

So hubby found a job in SC. It's a long term contract. We are not willing to be separated long term again and certainly not THAT long term!

Sooooo....what's it like in SC? Any consideration for homeschooling (one high schooler)? I hope we can find a small house that will accept our dogs.... Oh, does SC have a state tax?

Jan, I don't know. He is out back shooting the bow and arrow with my son so I didn't want to bug them (though that would make some of my research easier).

We've so been hoping for certain other jobs to come through and they haven't....for months.

So in the end, we have to be able to survive and unemployment just doesn't cut it. My schooling and my kids' schooling is portable. I'm a bit more worried about renting with dogs. And what to do with our house here. It just depends I guess.

OH, he just walked in....Winnsborro?

OH, he just walked in....Winnsborro?

I live about 45 minutes from there. In fact one of my best friends lives there. It is a small town about 30 minutes from the capital, Columbia SC. I have lived here my whole life and would highly recommend it. The only draw back is the hot summers. But you are only 2 1/2 hours from Myrtle Beach! Homeschooling is easy here. Here is a link to our laws: http://www.schomeeducatorsassociation.org/lawetc.php I homeschool under Section 59-65-47 for homeschool associations. Lots of museums and activities around for homeschoolers. PM if you have more questions, be glad to answer them if I can.

SC is easy to homeshool in. Super easy. I live on the coast, so I'm not familiar with that area, but I like SC as a whole (have lived in several states). It won't be as hot as DFW, so you'll enjoy that! The humidity here is not like it is there. We moved here from what I call the "deep" south and people here always fussed about how hot it was in the summer and it's not even close to what it was like with 100% humidity all the time. It's wild your hubby is offered a job here. My husband got laid off and he found a job outside of SC! We're still here but moving soon. He had a hard time finding anything to even interview for in SC in his field. We love it though.