Menu

RCA Henle I isn't live?

I get got an email from Regina Coeli telling me that the Henle I class isn't live. What does that mean? Maybe I'm dense, but I thought that was the whole point of an online class - class discussion. :confused:

Does anyone know what this "class" is really like? Is there a teacher, or just online assignments?

http://www.lonepineclassical.com/courses.htm

I have to say I am VERY impressed with this. I haven't used it, although I know others have. (on this board) But, she emails you back. The online class that I'm using right now, my daughter likes... but I've given up on communication with the Teacher. (she's using Henle, now)

I would probably be doing the Lone one... but for here...it'd be 6:30 in the morning... I'm still slightly thinking about it.

:)

I think there may be a misunderstanding about RCA Henle I. My dds are taking Wheelock I, and it has 2 class discussions per week. I believe Violet - a member here - has a dd taking Henle I. Maybe you could send her a pm. I'm almost certain Henle I has 2 classes per week also.

I get got an email from Regina Coeli telling me that the Henle I class isn't live. What does that mean? Maybe I'm dense, but I thought that was the whole point of an online class - class discussion. :confused:

Does anyone know what this "class" is really like? Is there a teacher, or just online assignments?

My daughter is in this class. It has two class sessions a week. I'm not really sure what they meant by the email. Maybe you could pm me exactly what it is they said to give me a better idea. There is an audio component, and they also sometimes have additional study sessions. Now that said, my dd has told me that the kids usually type their questions and don't often use the mic. But the teacher speaks all the time and they get into study groups and work on things together. My child likes it and I think it's highly interactive. Do you think they meant it isn't live as far as meeting at a certain location like a co-op, perhaps? :confused: