Menu

Lexington/Georgetown, KY area

Dh took a job in July in Lexington, KY. We thought we would be moving shortly afterward and even spent 3 days looking at houses in the Georgetown area, which is where we thought we would move to. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to sell our home her in IN and I am still here, while dh works and lives in KY Monday - Friday. He comes home on the weekends.

We are putting our home back on the market soon, hoping it will sell soon. I am anticipating we will move this summer. I am looking to get connected with a homeschooling group so my kids can start getting connected with other kids. Since they won't be in school I know it will be hard to make friends and meet other kids. I will have 2 in ps, Sarah will be in 9th grade and Christopher will be in 10th, they both want to stay in ps. Steven, who will be a senior, will stay home and finish up any credits he needs instead of trying to fit in his last year at a new school. I haven't really decided what to do about him; I am looking at Asbury's young scholars program, CLP CLASS, and a few online highschools because he really wants a diploma. Although, we have thought about him taking his GED, but we will see.

My oldest won't be moving with us; she is 20 and will be attending Purdue here. My other kids: Caleb/will be 3rd, Samuel/will be 5th, and Nathan/will be 7th are the ones staying home next year. They are all very involved in soccer, youth group, AWANA (had been until this year), and church. I am looking for a group that isn't just focused on field trips, although that's great. I would really like a group that gets together for classes that I can't provide at home (art, foreign language, music, home ec, ect..). Is there anything like that in either Georgetown or Lexington?

What are the libraries like? What other field trip options are there? What's a good place to look for swimming lessons, guitar lessons (Nathan would love this), art lessons?

Like I said, I am hoping to get moved by this summer so I have time to look at the opportunities for my kids. A heads up would be great on what's there and any websites that you know of for me to look at would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any info you can give.

:bigear::bigear::bigear: