Menu

Planning for next year...7th grade

Guest Zema98

Guest Zema98

Hi, I am a home school newbie. I will be wrapping up our first year of home school in the next few months but would really like to start planning for next year now.

My son will be in the 7th grade next year and I would love to hear suggestions on curriculum and how many subjects you teach your 7th grader.

Thanks!

Hi!

My oldest will be in 7th grade next year and I have been homeschooling since K. You don't mention how many children you will be schooling. Many of my curriculum decisions are made because I also have 3 younger children to school. My plan is still a work in progress but here is what I have today.

Math: Pre-Algebra by Auffmann along with some Singapore Challenging Word Problems 6.

English: He has been doing R&S since 3rd grade and I am considering switching him to CLE but he did not do well on the placement tests.

Science: CPO Earth science

Spanish: Casual learning with books such as Makes Perfect: Spanish Verb Tenses and 1001 Most Useful Spanish Words

Latin: Don't know maybe Cambridge.

Logic: Not sure

Reading/ Lit: I am leaning towards Lightning Lit 7 maybe CLE reading. I also make up a list of books for him to read which accompany our history studies.

History: WTM style with Medieval while younger brothers use SOTW.

Writing: I may do IEW Medieval writing but again I'm not sure.

This is my yearly torture because I am awful at making decisions.

I have bookmarked several 7th grade discussions you may want to check them out:

http://welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148062&highlight=7th+grade

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76668