Menu

Hands-On Science to Supplement Apologia?

We are doing the Apologia Elementary Sciences and I LOVE them! However, dd doesn't care for the notebooking that goes along with them at her age right now.

I'm looking for another science to supplement with that has more hands-on activities (labs/experiments) and worksheets.

I've checked out the preview for Real Science Odyssey and was decided on that. Then I saw Real Science 4 Kids and then I saw another and another and well, you get the picture....it had my head spinning!!

I just want a simple science that doesn't have a lot of reading (she will get that in Apologia) but has more hands-on things to do each week. That is why I had liked RSO - it seemed it would fit really good with Apologia as a supplement.

We already own Considering God's Creation and its too advanced for dd right now - we will add it in later years.

Any suggestions or experiences with RSO or RS4K? :confused:

We used RS4K for 4th grade physics. While I thought it was an excellent program, it was very expensive for a 10 week course.

We have used and enjoyed the following:

TOPS - they have short, inexpensive units, so you can choose what appeals to you.

Exploration Education

Science in a Nutshell kits - we used the one for magnets.

HTH!