Menu

Tools for tracking-What's out there?

LeLe

Looking for options on attendance, grades, extra projects completed, volunteer activity etc. Something where I can manage information and quickly print out reports if needed. My dd will be hsed starting in a couple of weeks until the start of 9th grade. She is in public school now and will attend a charter HS. I will need to be able to provide data for this HS to prove her "schooling". Would like to be able to present it in a professional way.... Any thoughts? If this is not the right board I apologize. I'm new. Went to the general board and there were posts about houses for sale, surgeries etc so thought I might have a better shot at getting info here. Thanks!

We use Homeschool Tracker http://www.homeschooltracker.com/ I'm still learning the ins and outs of it as this is our first year homeschooling. It's comprehensive and there is also a forum for support. I'm very pleased with it so far.

Us also - works great and provides any kind of report you might want from a daily to do list to a report card or transcript. You have to have the Plus version to print out all of those kinds of reports though, I believe. And you have to input all of the information and details which can be daunting and time consuming at first because it does have a steep learning curve. Once you learn it is a piece of cake.

I use MyHomeschoolPlan -- it's an online subscription, which works well for me because Homeschool Tracker isn't available for Macs. It's easy to set up and use, and you can generate attendance reports, report cards, reports of hours worked on any given subject or course or grade. You can set up your year by quarters or trimesters, then generate reports for those time periods and/or the whole school year or even custom date ranges. You can set it up to repeat courses (for example, Math every day, Science on Fridays), and also easily add special events, such as the volunteering time you were talking about.

http://www.myhomeschoolplan.com/app/

Wow, I sent a message to Home School Tracker support about some of their features and they have already responded! I am asking the same questions of Myhomeschoolplan so that I can compare the two.

Any additional suggestions? feedback?

many thanks

Hi Lele,

I just sent you an email but thought I'd post here as well. We have the ability within myhomeschoolplan to create activities beyond just classes. For our own kids, we put in activities such as music practice (daily at home, or at their teacher's house), scouting activities, and coursework via books, dvd, online, and at a co-op.

We have 5 types of reports, report card, attendance, hours by subject, hours by course, and hours by grade.

Our philosophy is for it to be easy enough that you can get set up in less than ten minutes. If you have any other questions you can post here or I will answer via email.

I think all of these homeschool options serve a purpose so if myhomeschoolplan is not for you, I'm sure one of the options will be. Best of luck and thanks for taking a look.