Menu

Another travel question..has anyone ever booked a room with Priceline?

I've used expedia before but never Priceline. They are offering a sweet deal on a suite at the Marriot (Magnificent Mile) Residence Inn and since we'd be eliminating the cost of traveling to and from Carol Stream, I think we can afford it.

But, I'd hate to use them if they are not reliable.

ThankS Hive

Faith

Edited by FaithManor

We've booked rooms on Priceline.com a couple of times, and both trips went off without any problems.

DO printout your confirmation and bring it with you, and call them as soon as you book your room to make sure about the type of rooms/beds (i.e., smoking/nonsmoking, two double or queen beds vs. one king, etc.). I show my printout when I check in.

The price was great and the clerks didn't have any problems with my reservation.

Happy traveling!

GardenMom

A great resource for people using Priceline is http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/. It has tips not only for bidding for hotels in general, but also specific posts categorized by state/area.

The one time I bid on Priceline for a hotel was years ago for a business trip. Be prepared to give up the fee if something comes up, since it's non-refundable. I never thought something would happen, but then the Washington DC sniper shootings started, and the trip was cancelled.

Erica in OR

Priceline is pretty reliable. I've bid on rooms 5 nights this month alone, all without a hitch. I bid for hotel rooms through Priceline an average of 2-4 times per month, and have only had one problem in about six years. Two years ago a hotel neglected to pick me up and kept me waiting at the airport for over 2 hours (promising every 20 minutes by phone that the van was "on its way") before I finally got so frustrated I called another hotel and paid the walk-up fee to stay there instead.

Priceline wasn't easy to contact (live person who could help) and wasn't willing to refund my fees OR my bid (one or the other would have been satisfactory at that point). I initially ate the cost of both hotel rooms and the original Priceline fee. The "bad" hotel ended up giving me credit for a future stay, so it worked out well enough. I haven't had a problem since or else.