Menu

Would You Homeschool If It Became Illegal

Guest mrs. logic

If homeschooling in the entire country became illegal that would be a reflection of a MUCH larger problem. If government became that much of an intrusion then I bet here are problems with other freedoms as well. So, my answer is no I would not stop homeschooling and I'd be in instant action to move to another country that is homeschool friendly as soon as possible. I will not live in a country like, for instance, Germany that believes they have the right to control the beliefs and actions of healthy, happy families.

I am curious. I am not trying to be inflammatory (at all!), but I would like to understand something -- when you say that God's laws trump man's laws, is there a specific Christian tenet about homeschooling? Is this about freedom to practice your religion, and believing that homeschooling is integral to your religious freedom? I honestly want to know.

This is kind of looking at the thing backwards. It is asking if God's law requires someone to homeschool. Certainly some people might believe that, and that is one good reason that the option must always be available to citizens.

But the questions is really a different one. The question is whether God's law allow the government to impose such a law in the first place. Ultimately parents are responsible for the education of their children. If they are not allowed a full and complete range of options, including home education, then how can they be held responsible for the education of their children? Does the gov't have the right to take that responsibility away from parents?

So, someone might chose to homeschool their child against a gov't law because they believe that law violates God's law, but that does not mean that they believe that homeschooling is the only method of schooling allowed under God's law. Does that make sense?

Edited by Tea Time
Was going to add something but I didn't.

Yes I would. In fact I have looked into what to do if that were to happen and I discovered that in Ireland the right to homeschool is written into their Constitution, so we'd find some way to move to the land of Erin.

That is where my husband's family is from originally from anyway.

Blessings,

Hope

Heck! I think I'll move now!!!

:auto: