Menu

When to be concerned about pronoun reversal?

Misty

I'm not sure what normal is.. But I have a 3yr old boy who seems to have fantastic speech.. The only problem is he reverses pronouns consistently. It doesn't seem to be related to echolalia-type pronoun reversal, but he is on the autism spectrum (slightly). Should I be concerned or wait longer? His sisters have Asperger's and he shows a lot of these signs.. But the pronoun reversal is the only thing he seems to have trouble with.. he calls boys "her" and girls "him" randomly.. Like he just can't figure out which one to use for which gender.

I'm not sure what normal is.. But I have a 3yr old boy who seems to have fantastic speech.. The only problem is he reverses pronouns consistently. It doesn't seem to be related to echolalia-type pronoun reversal, but he is on the autism spectrum (slightly). Should I be concerned or wait longer? His sisters have Asperger's and he shows a lot of these signs.. But the pronoun reversal is the only thing he seems to have trouble with.. he calls boys "her" and girls "him" randomly.. Like he just can't figure out which one to use for which gender.

Misty,

When they are still doing it at 7.

Heather

Misty,

When they are still doing it at 7.

Heather

Yes - my middle son was reversing pronouns up until this school year (2nd grade - age 7) and reading this I realized that I haven't noticed this issue in recent months. Yay!

Now if I can just get my four year old to stop calling me "Sir". LOL

Yes - my middle son was reversing pronouns up until this school year (2nd grade - age 7) and reading this I realized that I haven't noticed this issue in recent months. Yay!

Now if I can just get my four year old to stop calling me "Sir". LOL

:lol::lol: My four-year-old did that the other day, too!