Menu

Analytical Grammar.. Too rigorous for an Aspie?

Misty

My 12yr old Aspie daughter HATES diagramming! She says she would do grammar all day long if diagramming were not involved. Unfortunately, AG is FULL of diagramming. Is this the wrong program for her?

Is diagramming really necessary? She is very talented in the language/vocabulary department, but has a hard time with focus and comprehension. She knows how to diagram (thanks to AG), but she does NOT want to continue with AG because she hates diagramming so much.

Any other grammar recommendations for junior high that are not so rigorous?

She has strengths with visual and auditory. Very good memory with both. She has dysgraphia so I try to avoid too much writing unless we are working on penmanship separately.

She is a great speller, great vocabulary, great reader, etc... Struggles with math and penmanship.

My 12yr old Aspie daughter HATES diagramming! She says she would do grammar all day long if diagramming were not involved. Unfortunately, AG is FULL of diagramming. Is this the wrong program for her?

Is diagramming really necessary? She is very talented in the language/vocabulary department, but has a hard time with focus and comprehension. She knows how to diagram (thanks to AG), but she does NOT want to continue with AG because she hates diagramming so much.

Have you looked at Easy Grammar Plus?

My ds is dyslexic. AG was way too much for him. In fact, we then started JAG and it also was way too much for him. He needed to see the whole picture.

I am happy to report that MCT (I know, I know) has made all the difference in the world. It's relaxing and enjoyable.