Menu

IF you WAH and Homeschool???

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone else works from home and homeschools? I actually run an in-home childcare from 6:45 am till 5:30 pm each day, M-F. So, I am extremely busy with that job, plus homeschooling, plus all of the regular stuff that pops up daily.

Unfortunately, my in home childcare is getting smaller and smaller right now due to one of my parents losing their job, and one family moving away. I really need to get a couple of children in here because we rely on my income to help out monthly with our budget.

If any of you work from home and homeschool, could you PLEASE share with me what you do and if it is working well?

I am a very creative person and I like to work with my hands. I love photography, decorating, organizing, researching... those type things. I also love making gift baskets (even though I haven't done that in a looonnngg time). I would love to learn how to decorate cakes, but I don't know if that would bring in any type income and it may take a while to learn. I need something asap.

I do love books too. With all this info, does anybody know anything that may be good for me???

I have come to realize that I am NOT a good person for direct sales. I have tried that and have only created more debt for my family that way which I feel terribly about, so I don't want to go that route.

I just need something that can help out income wise until I get more children into my childcare. If I don't figure out something soon, I am not sure what will happen. I want to make sure that I am still able to homeschool my son though, so I have just figure this out and soon!

Thanks so much for any advice or suggestions. Everyone have a wonderful day!!! : )

A friend of mine (who is also a single mom BTW) got into this to so that she could continue homeschooling, and she's done quite well with it. She has some regular clients, and then will take some on an hourly or daily basis if she has room. She primarily gets business through referrals and is pretty picky about the kids she takes.

I'm a part-time college professor and teach at a local homeschool co-op, but that's a little different line of work than you seem interested in.

Edited by GVA