Menu

WWE or WS

sixtimemomma

He is a very reluctant writer, and I downloaded SWB's audios about writing, and switched from trying to drag stuff out of him in WS4 to starting almost at the beginning. She talks about how very difficult it is for kids to write creatively when they haven't really learned how to put down their thougts on paper properly....WWE really, really helps with that.

I don't know about the "childishness" of the selections, it IS good literature, and it is such an effort for mine to come up with what is asked, he hasn't commented on that, LOL. We are going VERY quickly through the book, and I will even finish to Level 4 I think. At some point, (not sure when) I will put him back in the WS book, but probably not for quite a while. I want him to learn the skill of getting his thoughts down on paper, and even doing writings from what he has read in his subjects, and be comfortable with that, before asking him to totally come up with stuff on his own.

Hope that helps some, I HIGHLY recommend SWB's new lectures on writing!!

Pamela