Menu

has anyone used Beautiful Feet for highshcool?

I have been praying A LOT over curriculum lately. I have been "led" I guess you would say to Beautiful Feet.

I want to do the 4 year cycle (highschool) starting now since dd is done with Abeka's geography. I was considering SL but I have been down the SL road before and regreted it. We cannot handle that much reading. Plus dd is going to be using Apologia Biology and I want her to use LLATL Gold series too. I think Sl will be too much. So have you used BF? anyone??

I did...but I made sure we had a history spine as well. Ancients took us one full year and then 1 quarter...Medieval took us a full year and 2 quarters...The Us Hx which was supposed to take us 2 years, took us 1 and 1/4. We read ALL of the books aloud, so it took us a long time. I used this with 3 children at the time starting in grade 8 and finishing when my oldest reached 12th. We finished up with Gov/ Economics in 12th using living books.

I really liked BF combined with a spine. You can easily finish the courses if you have you child read the books to themselves. I read them aloud because I wanted all of my kids on the same page and I felt they would enjoy the books...which they did. I did not read Qua Vadis or a few of the more mature ones aloud. ( Can't remember which ones. It's been a while.)

My younger kids started in grade 3&5 and we finished when they were in 7th and 9th...then started a new Hx rotation....

I am waiting to use BF again with my younger set. I thought it was really well planned, easy to add to if I wanted to, came with nice essay questions etc. I used a text as an overview of the time period and to cement down some facts. it worked nicey and my older kids remember these years very fondly...warm and fuzzy.... When they got to college, they had a much better grasp of history than many of their peers.

HTH

~~Faithe