Menu

Tim Tebow Super Bowl commercial - was it aired as they originally planned it to air?

Sometimes I just have to wonder about people -

N.O.W. says the ad promotes violence against women.

Seriously? :001_huh:

NOW president Terry O'Neill said the ad glorified violence against women. "I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

grasping at straws indeed.

but that's typical for NOW. ;)

Placing an obviously NON-domestic violence incident on the same level as REAL domestic violence undermines the actual harm involved and does a disservice to the advocacy.

Just for the sake of grading it as a super bowl commercial, I'd say it layed an egg. Super Bowl adds are supposed to be ,well Super! This was tastefully done almost quaint, it should get in your face make you pick sides. Make you think.

That would have gone over well........... :lol:

NOW president Terry O'Neill said the ad glorified violence against women. "I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

grasping at straws indeed.

but that's typical for NOW. ;)

Placing an obviously NON-domestic violence incident on the same level as REAL domestic violence undermines the actual harm involved and does a disservice to the advocacy.

But all those commercials that portrayed women as sexual objects, those are fine and empowering! Another poster mentioned the Betty White commercial, I have to admit to gasping when she got laid out in the mud (I gasped for the old guy too). That seemed pretty darn rough, but implying that a son tackled his mother..... that's tantamount to reviving those laws that say you can only hit your wife with a stick that's under two feet long :glare: