Menu

If you use the Singapore math HIGs, how much prep time does it take you?

HappyGrace

And when do you prep? The night before?

I am wondering how I can do this program with two dc. I definitely plan on using the HIGs, and it seems like quite a bit to read it over, learn it myself in some cases, get any games ready, etc.

I'm waffling between MM and Sing, and Sing seems like so much more prep. (and using it w/out the HIGs is NOT an option for me-for me, I think they contain the meat of the program.)

FWIW, I used SM w/o the HIGs and prep time is approximately NONE. It's been extremely successful for us. (My two olders are SM PM graduates and were VERY well prepared by SM PM text/wkbk combo. . .youngest is in 3A and doing great. . .)

I know you say you aren't considering that option, but I couldn't stop myself from throwing it out there anyway, lol.

I assure you that the text (and workbooks) alone are very meaty. Very, very, little fluff (no noodles, no rice. . .). . . but the meat is all right there.

So, anyway, if you really do want SM and learn that the HIGs are too time consuming, I'd advise you that you are very free to either omit some/much of the HIG or skip it altogether.

Just my 2c. . .

So, anyway, if you really do want SM and learn that the HIGs are too time consuming, I'd advise you that you are very free to either omit some/much of the HIG or skip it altogether.

:iagree: I depend on the HIG for my dd (non mathy), but for my mathy ds8 it is totally unnecessary.