Menu

If you de-friend someone on FB...

Darn.... you're defriending some of us?? I am living vicariously through you... is that spelled correctly?? This last year....I've... I mean you... have had such an exciting life!! I am super happy for you that you're getting less sleep.... and smelling a sweet baby... Every time I see your pic... I just think about how happy you must be.

:-)

Darn.... you're defriending some of us?? I am living vicariously through you... is that spelled correctly?? This last year....I've... I mean you... have had such an exciting life!! I am super happy for you that you're getting less sleep.... and smelling a sweet baby... Every time I see your pic... I just think about how happy you must be.

:-)

LOL...No one from here. Just some people coming out of the woodwork that I should have ignored in the first place.

Yes I am still sleep-deprived and loving it!!! Did you SEE the latest pic of her on my blog. Seriously, could this child be any prettier? :D

They won't receive a message, but at some point, you'll pop back up in their sidebar as a FB friend recommendation. If they're paying attention, they'll remember that they were friends with you, and it will be obvious that you unfriended them.

It used to really, really bother me to have that "pending" friend request. But that way, they just stay in limbo. I think it will drop off after a significant amount of time.

The other option is to go in and block them from seeing you completely on FB. While you're not 100% hidden, they won't see you pop up on other people's statuses, won't see you if they search for you. Blocking is nice. I've blocked a scary ex-boyfriend, and the husband of an online friend who kept trying to friend me because he's a friend collector.

They won't receive a message, but at some point, you'll pop back up in their sidebar as a FB friend recommendation. If they're paying attention, they'll remember that they were friends with you, and it will be obvious that you unfriended them.

It used to really, really bother me to have that "pending" friend request. But that way, they just stay in limbo. I think it will drop off after a significant amount of time.

The other option is to go in and block them from seeing you completely on FB. While you're not 100% hidden, they won't see you pop up on other people's statuses, won't see you if they search for you. Blocking is nice. I've blocked a scary ex-boyfriend, and the husband of an online friend who kept trying to friend me because he's a friend collector.

How do you block just one person? I know how to hide their updates but not how to block them from seeing me at all. Will they know they've been blocked?

How do you block just one person? I know how to hide their updates but not how to block them from seeing me at all. Will they know they've been blocked?

Go to your Settings tab (along the top). Choose Privacy Settings.

Click on Block List.

Type the name of the person you want to block.

They do not have to be a current friend, it can be anyone on FB.

They will not see any indication they've been blocked. If they are logged in, they will not see you on a FB search. Depending on your own settings, they may find you in a Google search, but when they click on that and get into FB, it will appear that your account no longer exists. If you have a mutual friend, and YOU reply to the friend's status, the blocked person will not see YOUR reply, but they will see replies that others make to your comment on the other person's status. (Am I making sense?) If you appear in others' photos, they can see you there. You aren't totally invisible, but it gives a layer of protection.

Of course, if they wonder if they've been blocked, they might go in using a fake account, or ask someone else to check for you. But that's getting a little creepy.

if you block them as well then you don't appear in the sidebar. :D