Menu

WriteShop Primary Levels?

Has anyone used WriteShop at the primary levels? If so, what did you think of them? I saw these and thought they looked interesting.

Summer, Last year when my dd was in 4th grade she took 1 class at a little homeschool co-op/academy. She was in writing and the teacher, a former public school English teacher, used WS then and used it last year in the co-op. It was fantastic! She's in 5th grade this year. While I bought Write Shop 1 a year ago, I haven't used it yet because I'm wanting her to learn and build on the basics. That's what the author/curriculum developer advised me. She said that parents can use Word Smith as a "prelude" to Write Shop. So, it seems like we're going backwards, but again, I want my dd to "master" basic skills....so I had Wordsmith and she's working on that along with Abeka God's Gift of Language. I will start her on Write Shop 1 fall 2010.

HTH! Sheryl <><

DD7 (HFA) is using Write Shop A. Constructing a piece of writing is her biggest challenge. Today she wrote

Today is Wednesday.

Daddy is not at work.

He is catching fish.

For us, this is amazing progress. She has major problems stringing a proper sentence together, whether orally or in writing. We are up to Lesson 3 out of 10 and have come a long way in just a few weeks. I only had to help with spelling 'Wednesday' and remind her to use 'is'. It is really simple and structured and I liked the e-book option so we could get started quickly.

If you want to save a few $$, the activity pages don't add to much to the lesson for us.

Hope that helps.

Thank you both. It is good to hear others using this program and enjoying it. I saw this program and thought it looked perfect for my dd(9) that has HFA. I may use it with my other two children as well. They are both using WWE but I would like them to write some more on their own...not just narration and copywork all the time.