Menu

Veritas Press History Cards - Do Your Children Enjoy These?

CamperMom

We've been using the VP history cards for nearly 3 years. They have been extremely useful in helping my boys really remember events/people from the past. We use them alongside SOTW. I write the VP cards that coordinate with SOTW. I usually read the back of the card everyday while we study a particular chapter from SOTW. By the end of the week, my kids have heard a nice summary of the event and looked at the picture from the VP card quite a few times. One of the things I do is read the card, leaving out important names, dates, locations and they shout out the missing information - fill in the blank style. They LOVE doing that!!

We come back to our VP cards over and over. The resource list on the back is also terrific. I find that they compliment our history studies wonderfully.

These are what we learn with motions and such... So the kids have the fronts of the cards memorized.... (In chronological "Classical Conversations" style order.... versus... Veritas Press order... (chronological within geographical order...)

:-) Oh... and for the Bible part of them..... the Journey Bible something... can go with them.... Maybe someone will tell you about this... It's not a Bible to read... it's information about the different things... hmmmm...

We've been using the VP history cards for nearly 3 years. They have been extremely useful in helping my boys really remember events/people from the past. We use them alongside SOTW. I write the VP cards that coordinate with SOTW. I usually read the back of the card everyday while we study a particular chapter from SOTW. By the end of the week, my kids have heard a nice summary of the event and looked at the picture from the VP card quite a few times. One of the things I do is read the card, leaving out important names, dates, locations and they shout out the missing information - fill in the blank style. They LOVE doing that!!

We come back to our VP cards over and over. The resource list on the back is also terrific. I find that they compliment our history studies wonderfully.

Do you find that you cover most of the cards when combining with SOTW? I'm thinking that there would be only so many cards that correlate with the chapters in SOTW and lots left that you would need to add in as a supplement.