Menu

Winterpromise users

mama25angels

I have the Quest for the Middle Ages guide for my ds16 and it is combined for both jr/sr high. I am not sure if my guide is the newest edition. I bought it from WP last fall, so they may have changed it since then when they removed the Forensic/Human Body Science and made it a separate package.

MOH2 is the main book used for reading & activities, but you can probably look up your own related activities online and leave MOH out.

If you have any specific questions about QMA, I'd be happy to answer them.

HTH

Cindy

I use my own LA/writing so you can simply use what you have on hand, unless you like a particular element of the sr hi L. I've only used the lower levels of WP LA so I can't comment on the jr/sr hi levels.

I do incorporate the WP LA readers into our schedule, which is simple to do by lining up the time periods. You can find additional reader suggestions at Book in Time

Cindy

There are not any comprehension questions in WP that I have seen thus far (I have only used Animal & Their Worlds, Quest forthe Ancients & QMA). However, there are free study guides, tests, or questions online for some, if not all, of the scheduled readers. I have not done much in the way of comprehension with the readers this year, but I did check the following sites in the past and found pretty much every QMA book on at least one of these:

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

AND HERE

With QMA, I am doing the History and the Human Body/Forensic Science that used to be scheduled in the IG, but was removed last year. There is Bible study interspersed here/there, but you can easily leave those 2 books out.

no, I actually want the Bible study. I'm really nervous, I don't want to buy this and then tweak it so much that it's not actually the program and then I can't sell it. Did you use it for HS'ers and did you think it was enough? Do you add or take away anything? I see that it is schedule for only 4 days a week, I really like that aspect of the program.

Sorry it took so ling to respond!

The Bible portion is one of my favorite parts (even I am learning stuff). I wasn't sure if you were interested in the Bible portion, which is why I said you could leave it out. Honestly, QMA is fine how it is. But I am addicted to tweaking curriculum. I just can't seem to leave well enough alone! My problem is that I like to have plenty of additional resources scheduled in case something goes awry. We use our library for the readers and some of the History books so it helps to have a plan B (and C and occasionally D LOL).

I like the 4-day schedule as well. It is nice to have a free day to do what we missed or add in some extras (like a dvd or activity/experiment).

We do not really follow grade levels, per se, but my ds would be in 9th if he were still in PS. He is absolutely fascinated with the Medieval era, so that may influence his judgment a little. He is a very visual learner, so I try to find videos that tie in with the lesson topics every week (no small feat I can tell you). It really helps him to "see" the history and that's why we may not do all the readers with this program.

The beauty of WP is that it is very easy to add in or take away components that may not fit your child's particular learning style (or your budget).

The MOH2 book has suggestions in the back for additional books/videos that is very nicely done. In fact, you could check the MOH2 yahoo group. There are lots of ideas and suggestions for activities/books/extras in the files section and I think there may even be a copy of the book/video suggestions from the back of the book.

QMA is our favorite WP program thus far and it is definitely enough for high school history.