Menu

Elementary Spanish placement ?

MyLittleWonders

I'm pretty sure you could start your third grader in the third grade, either semester. Somehow, Sr. Morris starts every semester assuming the student has no prior experience but will follow along at the speed of his grade level.

If you want to put the kids together, that should work out too. The third/fourth grade class is more advanced than the first/second grade class, but not dramatically so. The exception would be the worksheets. If you're having the kids do the worksheets, the 1st grader will not be able to do the third/fourth worksheets.

(We've done grades 1-6.)

Thanks for the info. :) I'm debating wanting them together - if we do it together, then I can listen as well and hopefully retrieve my Spanish that is buried deep in the recesses of my brain. ;) But, if I have them work independently, then I can work one-on-one with one kiddo while the other is watching ES with headphones. Regardless, it is good to know that I could put ds#1 in the 3rd grade level without it being too advanced.

There seems to be a permanent sale through Homeschool Buyer's Coop. It's around $139 for a regular membership and $199 for Plus. Elementary Spanish is on both.

When I was at the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op the other day for a different Spanish thread I couldn't find the regular membership offered anymore, only the Plus for $199.

Here is the link to the Group Buys Page where I was looking.

I forgot to add that I think it would be find to start your ds at the 3rd grade units. My ds8 just completed that level and there was a review of everything that had been introduced in the first 1/2 level. You might just need to be aware of the new things to be sure there is enough review that his retention is there but it would most likely not be an issue.