Menu

SCIENCE Curriculum Suggestions - Grade 1 and 2

travelbug

Hi-ya! I am sort of your neighbor, I'm in south Wales.

We use R.E.A.L. Science. It's a PDF download (though you may have to email her personally to work out how to pay with a UK bank account. We did.) and it is pretty fun. My fifth grader and first grader are both using it and are enjoying it though my older son could use something more challenging. I tend to just supplement with additional assignments and materials.

We are doing the EArth and space one now.

It's not in metric, though. So you may have to adapt it somewhat. Doesn't matter to us, since we are American expats and returning to the states next year. (Though to be honest, I'd prefer my kids to learn metric and I think the US should catch up to the rest of the world in that area...but I digress.)

Jo

Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding is a guide and you can add in supplemental books.

We just ordered this, too. I can't wait to get it. It is reportedly designed to help children make connections between different ideas and topics, rather than studying each item in a vacuum.