Menu

Reviews on Galloping the Globe Please

Joyfullyblessed

Hello,

I am thinking of doing this for my son in 1st grade (starting late August). Does anyone have experience with it? If so, what is your opinion regarding this program?

Also, if I use Galloping the Globe, do I need some other type of History? Please let me know. Also, if I do need something else, PLEASE offer up some really good History suggestions for a 1st grader. I am having a hard time finding anything I like that will suit our needs.

Just a quick note... my son doesn't turn six until August. He is going to be a young 1st grader, however, he does seem to be doing really well learning and retaining, so I am not even sure if this matters.

Thanks!!! Have a great day! : )

I originally planned to do it this year, but once I got it in my hands, decided it wasn't for us. Most of the history lessons (it does have them) focus on missionaries to the different areas, and the lessons are Biblically focused. We prefer to homeschool secularly, so I chose not to use it, since I would have to heavily tweak the history and leave out the Bible part entirely. It does look like it could be a lot of fun, but I just don't have the time to tweak something that much and find substitutes.