Menu

Need recommendations for a high-powered mixer, please

I have a Kitchen-Aid Classic. I love it, but it's not living up to my growing needs. I need a powerhorse for making 4 loaves of whole wheat bread. Other features would be nice, but not necessary. Being able to grind grain would be especially useful.

Price isn't really an issue, as I would rather get one that will last and meet any needs I might grow into, rather than to have to buy again in the next ten years or so.

So, I was thinking Kitchen-Aid Pro or Bosch Universal. A friend mentioned a 700-watt mixer she bought at Penneys. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank you!

Like MichelleWI, I make multiple loaves of 100% whole wheat bread in my Bosch (and the dough only needs to rise once, in the pans, because the dough hooks do such a thorough job of kneading). I also use it for all other "regular" mixing, and it does those like a champ, too.

I think Bosch and DLX are the two major players. Based on reviews on the net, my inclination would be for the DLX as it seems to do everything and seems to be easier to clean. I would definitely recommend reading up on these two on the net for more information.

Not sure about the KitchenAid Pro. Will have to research that one. What I truly dislike about my KA classic is that it spits flour no matter how careful I am. Now I routinely wrap a dishtowel around it whenever I add flour. (Tried the plastic flour guides -- what a con!)