Menu

RockBand? Or Band Hero?

RockBand or Band Hero??  

1. 1. RockBand or Band Hero??

• RockBand
    • Band Hero

We have never had a gaming system in our home before. This Christmas my parents bought us a Wii.

The kids would like to get a game like RockBand or Band Hero. I'd like to hear from people who have one or the other (or both!).

Which do you prefer? Do you like what you have, or wish you'd purchased the other? Which has the most potential for additions? (Other software/songs to use with the instruments).

Thanks!

Hillary

Thanks for the tip on Lego Rock Band! We have the original Rock Band (PS3) and I've got to tell you that hearing my 11yo belting out the lyrics to Mississippi Queen last night at the top of his lungs was not a proud parenting moment for me. At all.

There is a Christian version of Rock Band/Guitar Hero that you play on the PC (well, I think you plug your laptop into your television with a USB or something, you play it on the television but the 'system' is your PC). I wanted to get that for the kids instead of Rock Band but it only comes with guitars.

I'm going to get dh to browse the downloads with me and choose some more kid friendly songs.

We have never had a gaming system in our home before. This Christmas my parents bought us a Wii.

The kids would like to get a game like RockBand or Band Hero. I'd like to hear from people who have one or the other (or both!).

Which do you prefer? Do you like what you have, or wish you'd purchased the other? Which has the most potential for additions? (Other software/songs to use with the instruments).

Thanks!

Hillary

We have Rock Band, and love it. One reason that we chose it is because we could get the Beatles disc to go with it, and we love the Beatles. It also gives the kids quite a few more relatively "clean" songs to play. There are a couple of songs included with Rock Band that we always skip because they're inappropriate. But for the most part, the selection is good and our family definitely has a lot of fun playing it together.