Menu

Had a great homeschooling moment leaving my class the other night........

As some of you know, I take one of my 3 children with me to class when I go to graduate school. They take turns. We get the ride there, the ride back, breaks and, when budget allows, a meal out together. It's small, safe and my kids can go to the library and work or hang out in the M.Div lounge and do their own school work.

Well, my late Thursday class had the youngest student I've seen (early 20's, I'd guess). I didn't really like her.:glare::001_huh: When my oldest son and I were leaving, she was behind us. She mentioned, "it's so cool you go at night and he can come". I said "Yes, and actually I homeschool so they can come if I happen to have a daytime class."

She said "I was homeschooled most of my life. I loved it and it worked great for me."

My son, almost 15, didn't need me to connect the dots for him...homeschooled to undergraduate to graduate by 25. It didn't hurt that she was cute, too, and "only" 8 or so years older than him.

I look forward to seeing her next week. :)