Menu

Major Earthquake in Haiti

We have friends who just became missionaries in Haiti last summer. They live in Montrouis, north of PAP. Two of our homeschool families are there this week with them, doing a short term mission trip. They are all okay. The three men went to PAP yesterday morning, and helped minister, but the devastation was beyond words. Our homeschool families were scheduled to come home on Friday, but are now there for who knows how long. So sad for all of those people there.

To use this public forum to denounce or judge -- in the midst of all of these heartfelt replies to such a terrible tragedy -- makes me wonder of your sincerity. Tacky. Truly tacky to bring up this off topic subject on this thread. If you have a beef with the fellow write to him or post an s/o thread about this nugget of "news"... honestly. :glare:

I guess I was so appalled by what I heard him say that I posted less delicately than I could have. But I am still glad that everyone here knows and would not donate money through his organization unless they agree with his view.

Don't worry about my sincerity. I am an ER nurse, former firefighter and ambulance EMT, both volunteer and paid. I give and serve and don't shy away from the raw realities of life, suffering and death. I have worked evacuation centers, command centers and more. But I'm definitely aware that I call it like I see it and tend to step on toes and come off as abrasive. I guess I stepped on yours.