Menu

Good dino study???

mom2koh

Does anyone know of a good unit study/lapbook on dinos or palentology?

My 5 yo dd wants to be a palentologist. She already knows several dino names and factoids. But, she wants more. :D (proud science momma here).

I would love a study that focuses on dinos and the different periods the dinos were native to (cretaceous vs. jurrasic vs. triassic).

Thanks ya'll!!

Does anyone know of a good unit study/lapbook on dinos or palentology?

My 5 yo dd wants to be a palentologist. She already knows several dino names and factoids. But, she wants more. :D (proud science momma here).

I would love a study that focuses on dinos and the different periods the dinos were native to (cretaceous vs. jurrasic vs. triassic).

Thanks ya'll!!

I put together a dinosaur study when my daughter was 5 - it has complete lesson plans including books I used (most gotten from my library). If you are interested, I can send it to you.

Diane

We just did a dino unit. I used http://www.learningpage.com/ You do have to sign up for a free membership. But it has worksheets at K-3 level for language, science and math, a mural and dino cutouts. There are also other themes for future use.

The unit was good with books from the library. My boys loved coloring the mural and cutting out a different dino everyday. They also loved that I was able to get so many of their math sheets and other work with dinos on them.

Have fun :)

DD and I are learning about dinosaurs this week and I thought of your post when I was here. The animations of dinosaurs are pretty neat. Then I was thinking that Usborne must have other quick-link books that are solely about dinosaurs and, sure enough, they do! You don't need the books, just click on the book titles, or type in a random page number if necessary (like for the First Encyclopedia one) and you'll get lots of dino links:) Not exactly the dinosaur study you are asking for, but I just thought your DD would like them!