Menu

IXL

courtney.byrum

Does anyone use IXL with their kids?

I'm contemplating subscribing to it as my son loves math and my daughter is always wanting to do his math program (EPGY) but can't as she's too little still. She's 4 and would be able to work in their K section with ease so it seems as if it might be worth it but I can't really find much in the way of reviews yet.

We subscribe to IXL math and both my kids really like it. DD has finished the preschool level and has been working on Kindergarten. The only thing she didn't understand in the preschool level were the denominations of money. I don't think they belong in the preschool level, but in K.

DS likes it, too. I think it's $10 a month for the first child, and $2 for the second.

I just signed up for my DD4. I don't love it, but might keep it. DD is pretty good with the computer, but (I don't know how to describe why I don't like it)... she needs help or it takes forever to go through a set of problems. There are 20-25 problems for each activity. She can't read all of the problems and it is a lot of clicking to go to the problem, click the read question button, click the read answers, 3 times, then click the right answer and then click submit. It just seems like a lot and then there are 20 problems. So, after about 10 problems she is ready to be done. It doesn't really "teach" anything, but just quizzes the skills. I do like it as a way to keep track of mastering skills.

ETA - I wish I would have know about the co-op price before signing up.

Edited by ktmo

Thanks! I saw it on the co-op site first but couldn't find any good reviews anywhere. I think that I'll just pay the costs on there and see how it goes. She really wants a program she can use, she uses readingeggs occasionally - we have almost 2 weeks left right now and one more code for 2 more weeks and then I'll have to pay more for it so I'm also debating a phonics/reading program for her.