Menu

Great opportunity for volunteerism with Disney reward!

This is not an advertisement.

I just discovered that Disney is hosting a ticket for volunteerism opportunity that children can participate in. There are a variety of qualifying opportunities. Once your project is verified, they send you a free ticket. Each person in your family can earn a ticket.

From an email I received:

"So during 2010, we want to inspire one million people just like you to volunteer a day of service to a participating organization in your communities. In turn, we'll celebrate your efforts by giving you a free one-day admission to your choice of a Walt Disney World® Resort or a Disneyland® Resort Theme Park! There's no better time to make a few dreams come true for others...and to let us make a few come true for you.

Must preregister and sign up for eligible volunteer opportunity at disneyparks.com. Ticket quantities for this program are limited. Must be at least age 6 to participate. One ticket per person. Other terms and conditions apply. See disneyparks.com for details."

Here is a link:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day-Search&CMP=EMC-DPFY10Q2GADGADAnnounce0005#item2

• 3 weeks later...

We did our volunteer service this past Monday and it was really simple. Our family made "Thinking of You" cards at a local hospital for 1.5 hours and that was enough to qualify for the free ticket. Most of the opportunities are for adults, but there are specific ones for children as young as 6. We hope to receive our email voucher soon and hit Disney before March.

Heather

We did our volunteer service this past Monday and it was really simple. Our family made "Thinking of You" cards at a local hospital for 1.5 hours and that was enough to qualify for the free ticket. Most of the opportunities are for adults, but there are specific ones for children as young as 6. We hope to receive our email voucher soon and hit Disney before March.

Heather

We did ours Monday too! Ours was "Random Acts of Thank You" cards. It took us 2.5 hours and we will get tickets for my 6, 8, 10 yo and myself! We leave next week...so we are anxiously awaiting our vouchers too. It took awhile to get a response so we didn't get an opportunity as soon as I would have liked. What a great program! I am so excited- it is our first visit to Disneyland!:D

We did ours last Tuesday...had a book drive for a Children's organization....we donated 300 books. Got tickets for five of us. Our vouchers were ready by this past Saturday via email.

It's nice, because not all of the volunteer opportunities require you to be AT a location for 6-8 hours, but rather give donations, such as first aid kits, books, blankets etc....so things that can be put together at home and then just dropped off...enabling the younger children to participate (6 and over).

Disney here we come!