Menu

memory CDs for grammar stage?

kathkath

Hmmm... I'm not quite sure if this is what you had in mind, but here are some resources that we're currently using for memory work.

Bible:

The Names of the Books of the Bible (CD)

Geography:

Geography Songs (CD)

States And Capital Songs (CD)

Literature:

Linguistic Development Through Poetry Memorization (CD)

Science:

Lyrical Life Science (CDs)

HTH!

I was wondering if anyone had links or suggestions to downloads or CDs of memory work for the grammar stage. I'm aware of Classical Conversations ones and am wondering what else is out there.

THANKS!

Could one use the memory work CD effectively(?) if they are not in Classical Conversations?

Oh, nevermind... it isn't Mac compatible. Bummer! :tongue_smilie:

You wouldn't need to get the Classical Conversations (CCs) Memory Work CD. (that's one way interactive... and with pics and such) You would just need the Audio for each cycle. I would purchase the new one for each cycle. In three cycles... you have all the info. If you want the hardcopy of all the songs, I would pick up a Foundations Guide. (Used would be fine, you would just need to make a few corrections...no prob)

What I would do, if I wasn't going to do CC, is purchase the CD and Guide.... (one guide covers all cycles... so a one time purchase...) I would then go through and you can pull off whatever songs you like... or that you want... and burn your own cds. Here's the thing, too. The Guide gives you a really good core to cover all your bases. You could switch out anything you would prefer to have from somewhere else... (Like if you would rather Shurley Grammar or such.... instead of the English grammar of CC)

I think that CC is worth the $$$ regardless of if you're in a CC group...

Carrie:-)